Hey Friends -
Welcome to the Artist Development Newsletter.
Every Sunday, I send an email providing actionable tips for artists and industry on one area of the music business.
Last week we talked about 1 simple trick for capturing better content.
You can re-read last week's newsletter here if you want to refresh.
Today we will discuss the 5 time management strategies for artists to stay organized and focused.
Being an artist involves wearing lots of different hats.
Some days you are a songwriter; other days, you are a performer, a designer, videographer, editor, social media manager, and the list goes on.
It's easy to feel overwhelmed, and it's hard to stay organized.
Below are 5 methods for organizing all your to-do's as an artist to create momentum for your career.
See which one feels like it can be most helpful to you and give it a try to jumpstart your week.
1. Eisenhower Matrix:
- Make a list of all the tasks you need to complete.
- Prioritize the tasks based on their urgency and importance.
- Divide the tasks into four categories: urgent and important, important but not urgent, urgent but not important, neither urgent nor important.
- Focus on completing the tasks in the urgent and important categories first.
- Delegate or eliminate the tasks that are neither urgent nor important categories.